Training and Education
Training and education options exist in Solano County and surrounding regions to help you gain the skills you need to succeed in your career. Explore the WIOA-funded training and public education options below.
WIOA Funded Training
WIOA-funded training is eligible to individuals who are enrolled in WIOA services for in-demand industries and occupations. All training funded through WIOA must be on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL). Training providers and programs on the ETPL can be found through CalJOBS.
Search for Training Providers
- Visit CalJOBSSM. (www.caljobs.ca.gov)
- Sign in if you already have a CalJOBSSM account and select “Education Services.” Continue with step 3 below.
- If you don’t have an account and do not wish to create one, continue with step 2 below.
- Select “More Career Services.”
- Select "Training Providers and Schools." The Provider Search will display (You may also select the Provider Listing tab for a list of all training providers).
- Enter and/or select your search criteria.
- Select “Eligible Providers” from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Eligible Training Provider dropdown menu.
- Select the “Search” button once your criteria have been entered.
- Select a provider from the list.
- Once a provider is selected, the programs eligible for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funding will display a green checkmark.
A number of partners provide public education opportunities in Solano County.
Fairfield-Suisun Adult School –The adult school offers classes/opportunities in meeting educational goals. Classes available include GED preparation, English as a Second Language, and occupational training. (707) 421-4155, https://www.fsusd.org/fsas
5 Keys Charter School and Programs – 5 Keys provides employment and education services for those 18 years and older, focused on assisting individuals that were previously incarcerated. Programs are available for no cost in Vallejo, Fairfield, and Vacaville. (415) 734-3310, http://www.fivekeyscharter.org/contact-us.
Solano Community College – This two-year institution of higher learning is headquartered in Fairfield, with two satellite campuses in Vacaville and in Vallejo and with classes in several other locations. (707) 864-7000, http://www.solano.edu/.
Vacaville Education Extension Program (VEEP) – VEEP offers adult education classes, GED preparation, and occupational training. There is a small fee for academic classes. (707) 453-6018, www.vusd.solanocoe.k12.ca.us.
Vallejo Regional Education Center – The Center provides GED preparation, English as a Second Language, Parenting Education classes, Microsoft Office courses, and Healthcare Career programs. (707) 556-8620 x52204, http://vas-vcusd-ca.schoolloop.com.