Do you need additional help finding employment?
The Workforce Development Board of Solano County (WDB) provides more intensive services for job seekers who want to begin and advance their careers. Staff members partner with you to create a customized action plan to develop skills that meet today’s job market, utilize today’s job search tools, and land employment opportunities.
The Adult Programs emphasizes individual services in two tracks:
Career Training Track – building job skills through occupational training
Job Connect Track – fast track to employment for individuals who need intensive job search support
Both tracks provide:
- Individual employment planning
- Customized job search resources
- Assessment of skills and aptitudes
- Job placement connections
- Access to job fairs and specialized recruitments
- Wrap-around supportive services
WDB also assist and empower clients referred by Solano County Department of Health and Social Services through the Pathway to Success program.
The Adult Programs serve individuals who are 18 years and older, are eligible to work in the United States, and have met selective service registration requirements. In addition, individuals must meet one of the eligibility requirements under WIOA Adult or WIOA Dislocated Worker:
WIOA Adult - individuals who are:
- Age 18 and over and
- Registered, if applicable, with the Selective Service System - applies to all men born after January 1, 1960
WIOA Dislocated Worker – individuals who:
- Are age 18 and over and
- Have been laid-off, singly or as part of a business closure or;
- Have been providing unpaid services to family members in the home and have been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income or;
- Were self-employed and became unemployed due to economic or natural conditions or;
- Is the spouse of an eligible member of the Armed Forces on active duty, and who has experienced a loss of employment as a direct result of relocation or;
- Is the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and who is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.
Visit America's Job Center of California (AJCC) to learn how we can provide you with the coaching, training and support you need:
- 500 Chadbourne Road Suite A, Fairfield, CA
- 1440 Marin Street, Vallejo, CA